Country Holiday Cottages St Andrews
KY14 6BX Scotland
Nr Auchtermuchty, Fife
These Luxury Country Holiday Cottages close to St Andrews are ideal for Golfers, family gatherings, special occasions, select weddings or corporate events, Pitcairlie House Cottages can accommodate up to 21 guests in five delightful properties (all graded Visit Scotland ‘4 Star’ and awarded the Green Tourism Silver Award) – each apartment being entirely individual and self-contained.
All five splendid holiday properties enjoy shared use of a superb indoor heated swimming pool and sauna – they all have an internal access to the swimming pool (except Kudu UED, reached along the verandah).
They are set in a lovely rural situation, 3 miles south of Newburgh on the Firth of Tay, and 18 miles from Perth, in a 120-acre wildlife haven of woods, streams and rolling hills. Eland (UEB, sleeps 6), Sable (UEC, sleeps 4), Kudu (UED, sleeps 4), The Garden Apartment (UEE, sleeps 3) have been formed within a large Victorian wing of the owners’ 16th-century country mansion, while the Lodge (SBK, sleeps 4) is set on the edge of woodland by the end of the drive. Just 2 miles away is the attractive village of Auchtermuchty, while medieval Falkland with its historic palace is only 2 miles farther on. Both villages offer a selection of shops, inns and restaurants. Shops 2 miles.
Situated just beyond the pillared entrance to the main house, backed by pretty woodland, this cottage is just 5 minutes’ walk to the main house where there is ample parking for easy access to the pool and other facilities. This delightful, south-facing cottage is an ideal venue for honeymooners or a romantic break. It meets the Visit Scotland ‘4 Star’ standard, provides convenient ground floor accommodation with wheelchair access (National Accessibility Category 3), and has its own garden and patio. Large sitting-room with open fire and separate dining area. Well-fitted kitchen with door to garden and patio. Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and toilet. Twin bedroom. Bathroom with toilet.
- Open fire – logs included
- Electricity and gas central heating included
- Wi-fi available in main house with own laptop
- Own grounds
- Wheelchair access – limited facilities for the disabled
- Bed linen and towels included
- High chair
- Shared use of laundry room with washer/dryer
- Telephone by meter reading
- Shared grounds of 120 acres
- Garden furniture
- Shared barbecue
- Shared indoor heated swimming pool (23ft x 12ft) and sauna available all year round
- Natural spring water supply
- Hamper by arrangement
- NB: Small unfenced lake
Sleeps 4, 1 Pet Allowed, 2 Bedrooms, from £385 Per Week
Manual Availability Enquiry for This Listing and all other self-catering-scotland.com Listings
To help us help you find exactly what you are seeking, please advise the following –
1. How many people are in your intended group ?
2. Which area of Scotland do you seek your Holiday ?
3. Do you need Pet Friendly Accommodation ?
4. Does your Accommodation specifically need a Sauna – Hot Tub – WiFi – Log Fire ?
5. The approximate or exact dates do you prefer ? – weekends – Midweeks – Weeks ?
Then press Submit and we will e-mail you a list of all available Holidays in Scotland. Including hire rates, direct website links and booking information.
Please note, we DO NOT share your e-mail address with anyone