Near Kyle of Tongue
Far North Coast
This absolutely charming whitewashed cottage occupies a slightly elevated location which allows for stunning sea views. The cottage is located on a private estate in the remote and scenic north Highlands of Scotland just off the famous North Coast 500 route.
This is a very beautiful location and also a very remote one therefore guests must prepare well for their holiday and pack all the essentials as the nearest shop is some 18 miles away. What an adventure this will be !
Old Grumbeg Cottage has a private driveway leading up to a parking area and there is a large natural surrounding garden.
Outside seating has been cleverly positioned so guests can not only soak up the fantastic vista but also sip a quiet cup of coffee and enjoy the utter peace and quiet. The accommodation is over two floors and at ground floor level is a smart dining/kitchen with the table just in front of the window to allow for the views and also a woodburner for the chillier evenings when you can enjoy home-cooked meals together. The sitting room benefits from an open fire and the big corner sofa which is ideal to curl up in and relax after an active day out.
There is the extra benefit of the TV and Blu-ray player with a library of 100 Blu-ray movies as well as a high-end Harmon Kardon bluetooth sound system to take advantage of. Completing the accommodation on the ground floor is the contemporary bathroom. The upper floor has a twin and double bedroom both overlooking the Loch, making great views from bed. The area is a fisherman’s paradise of course and permits can be obtained from the local hotel. For walkers, cyclists and wildlife watchers it’s an ideal place to come but do bring your camera.
Bettyhill is a friendly village with a good local shop and fabulous sandy beach, great for picnics. The Altnahara Hotel is just 6 miles away and this rather famous fishing hotel has a smart dining room and also a relaxing bar.So a special meal out can be enjoyed here perhaps with a good bottle of wine from their varied selection. This area is certainly one of Europe’s unspoilt wildernesses and this lovely cottage ensures a memorable holiday for all.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area and woodburner
- Sitting room and open fire.
- Electric panel heaters with woodburner and open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, breadmaker, fridge, TV with Freeview and Google Chrome Cast, DVD, Blu-ray, Bluetooth sound system, selection of books, games, DVDs and Blu-ray movies
- Wi-Fi, Netflix and Frewview TV
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 18 miles, pub 6 miles.
Sleeps 4, Sorry no Pets
Manual Availability Enquiry for This Listing and all other self-catering-scotland.com Listings
To help us help you find exactly what you are seeking, please advise the following –
1. How many people are in your intended group ?
2. Which area of Scotland do you seek your Holiday ?
3. Do you need Pet Friendly Accommodation ?
4. Does your Accommodation specifically need a Sauna – Hot Tub – WiFi – Log Fire ?
5. The approximate or exact dates do you prefer ? – weekends – Midweeks – Weeks ?
Then press Submit and we will e-mail you a list of all available Holidays in Scotland. Including hire rates, direct website links and booking information.