General booking Terms and Conditions – Relevant to all self-catering holidays featured on this site
Our mission to you the customer
Is to provide the best possible honest good value service. Our marketing aim is provide accurate detailed information for every property website listing. In the event that further information does not appear present and is required in order for you to make a booking. We would “really like to help” and respectfully request you ask us to help you obtain the required information
email@example.com quoting the appropriate Property name or Reference number
1. The non returnable deposit usually 25% is payable at the time of booking. Provisional reservations (without payment) cannot be held, or Guaranteed until a full deposit is received.
2. An accepted non returnable deposit and completed booking form is a contract and in the event of cancellation, no monies are obliged to be refunded. Failure to complete and return a booking form could result in your booking being lost / cancelled. The booking form is an essential part of your booking, to advise us of any special requirement’s, and most importantly your exact group make up because we have know way of knowing that example your group is made up of example 2 families, or single sex groups, which some locations cannot accept. Cancellations must be received by us in writing, to be formally acknowledged by us at least 6 weeks prior to the arrival date. In most cases we will do everything possible to re-let accommodation subject to cancellation with a view to forwarding any monies recovered over and above the original deposit. Any credit / debit card fees are not refundable and an administration fee of 7.5% of the total booking value, or minimum of £25 will be applied.
Holiday/cancellation insurance for unseen illness, issues, weather and travel related problems is strongly recommended when you have booked, and not included in the cost of hire of any holiday homes on this website.
Regarding the current Cornovirus pandemic We’d like to reassure you that we’ve had no outbreaks of Coronavirus at any of our properties. Therefore operating as usual and will not be cancelling any bookings, unless the Government orders that all private individual self contained rental / hire homes be closed, or the use of such forbidden. If you still wish to cancel a booking for reasons beyond this your travel insurance should cover this.
We assure we are continuing to follow the latest advice of the UK government to ensure you can continue to enjoy your break safely. Convid-19 booking Information
3. In the event of cancellation, notice is required at least 6 and in some cases up to 8 weeks before the due holiday date, to avoid being liable for the full balance of hire. The balance of hire charge must be paid, in all cases no later 6 weeks prior to the arrival date. It is your responsibility and not the holiday home owner to make sure this payment is received. Failure to settle in full may result in self-catering-scotland.com or the holiday home owners re-letting the accommodation without notice to the hirer.
Reservations made within 6 weeks of the planned arrival date always require full payment at the time of booking.
4. It is a firm condition of letting that guest’s leave their accommodation in clean condition, just as they would expect to find it. Any damage or shortage found subsequently will be charged for. The proprietors reserve the right to inspect the accommodation before departure and charges may be levied if the unit is not left in a clean and tidy condition. A good house keeping Security Deposit is often required with reservations. This is normally returned within 7 days of the end of the tenancy unless there is damage to the property or its contents, items missing, the accommodation is left unfit or untidy, or there is disruptive or abusive behavior.
5. If the holiday home is not claimed and occupied within 24 hours of the due time of arrival any right to the property may be forfeited unless a prior special arrangement is made due to travel related delays, work or health matters. In the event of late arrival on the due date, early departure, or any delay, inaccessibility incurred due to detrimental travel or weather conditions is not the responsibility of the proprietors and the hirer has no right to any refund or discount.
6. The Caretaker / Holiday Home Owner is responsible for all matters relating to the condition and content of the accommodation hired. Therefore on arrival and occupation of the accommodation, the hirer should satisfy themselves that the accommodation is in good clean condition and that the equipment in the inventory is complete. By occupying the accommodation without registering any observation example fault, breakage, cleanliness issue or general area of concern with the Caretaker / Holiday Home owner within the first 24 hours, the hirer accepts the accommodation and responsibility for it and its equipment throughout the period of hire. Under no circumstances can compensation be claimed for complaints raised only after the tenancy has ended should the hirer fail to advise the Proprietor / Caretaker verbally during their tenancy, or an early departure due to any registered minor breakage, fault or cleanliness issue that can be rectified. Listing issues in a guest book at the end of a rental are not acceptable, issues can only be immediately addressed once they are reported. Any formal complaints must be addressed to the property owner in writing no later than 7 days after the occupation has ended.
7. The hirer has no right to sub-let the accommodation or permit more than the agreed number of persons to occupy it.
8. The Proprietors reserve the right to either upgrade or provide a different type of accommodation with the same or greater number of beds, should an unexpected emergency or major breakdown occur with the original property allocated. If a substitute accommodation cannot be provided your booking fee can either be transferred to a new booking at the same location or refunded less an administration fee and the proprietors will not be liable to any further claims. Tenants should be aware that should there be a failure in extreme weather, a weekend, bank holiday or over the Christmas / New Year holiday period, it may not be possible to provide a trades person until the morning after or the next working day, this often due to the Remoteness of the Property. The Proprietors must with prior notice be allowed entry to the property during your stay to carry out any essential / additional maintenance that cannot be completed during a changeover. The Proprietors must be allowed to carry out any essential / emergency maintenance as soon as they are made aware. An after hours Emergency call out (1800 to 0900 hours) is – Fire Damage, Flood Damage, complete power or heating failure, structural damage. Any other non emergency issues will be attended as soon as humanly possible and intentionally within 1 working day of notice.
9. The Proprietors do not warrant that all equipment including the electric, central or solid fuel heating system, water, gas supply and electricity system will operate throughout the tenancy. Should the heating system, water, gas or electricity system unexpectedly fail, the owner will take all reasonable steps to rectify the fault and will not be liable for any downtime suffered by the hirer. The owner or trades person must be permitted access to the property to rectify the fault. The Proprietor and self-catering-scotland.com also take no liability for happenings outside their control, example – the effects of unusual or extreme weather, insect / wildlife incursions, power cuts, water shortages, gas failure, coastal or farming disasters, epidemic or pandemic as declared by the Department of Health, DEFRA or WHO.
10. Many of our properties are equipped with extras example Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs, Saunas, Jacuzzis, Boats, Bikes, Fishing and tackle. In some cases the hire of these items is built into the standard rental rate, in other cases they are added optional extras with hire supplements payable in advance. In either scenario we cannot be held responsible for poor weather conditions, health, or any other reasons dictating the none usage of these facilities during your actual hire. Whether you use the facility or not will solely be your own choice, and the supplement paid will be non-refundable.
11. The Proprietors reserve the right to refuse or cancel an advance reservation, in this unlikely scenario any paid monies will be refunded and the proprietors will not be liable to any further claims.
12. The Proprietors also reserve the right to expel a resident for conduct that is detrimental to the well-being or comfort of other holiday makers or neighbours.
13. Most cottages, Lodges and Cabins featured are in quiet places – please do not disturb others by unnecessary noise from cars, TVs, radios or musical instruments etc. especially after 10pm.
14. A maximum of 2 well behaved clean Pets are permitted in some of the properties featured and an extra charge for cleaning is normally payable, pets must be entered on all booking forms. Pet owners are requested to bring either a basket and or bedding, keep pets off any seating and must not under any circumstances leave there Pets unattended in the property or allow their pets to enter the bedrooms.
15. No single parties or groups unless an organized group (i.e Scouts / Walking Club etc) with prior approval.
16. Reservations cannot be accepted from persons under 21 years old
17. The hirer and or their total number of group must not exceed the number of beds in any given property, without special arrangement. No tents or external temporary dwellings are allowed with the properties grounds as this can invalidate insurance cover and is a Breach of contract with the Proprietor. However day visitors are usually welcome at the discretion of the Proprietor or management, please discuss this with the Proprietor or Management through the contact phone numbers provided.
18. Clients must acquaint themselves with the basic safety precautions against fire and the whereabouts of the fire points while occupying the property. And while out of the property at anytime – Gas and Electric Oven Hobs must not be left in use. Mobile devices and laptops must not be left charging unattended. Pets / Children must not be left unattended. Log Fires must be either dampened or covered by guards if provided. Indoor Candles and all other combustible devices must be extinguished. Outdoor Candles and BBQ’s on any wooden decked areas must not be left unattended.
19. No firearms, guns, catapults, kites or open fires permitted.
20. Anyone who wilfully or negligently causes damage to any buildings or equipment will be responsible for the cost of remedial repairs.
21. A written confirmation will be sent in receipt of the deposit or full payment. Please note that once a reservation is confirmed, customers are liable for the whole cost of the let.
22. Why do we charge extra for hot tubs ? We have the hot tubs checked to make sure chemicals are at the right levels and the water is usually changed between rentals. We don’t make it compulsory to have the hot tub and increase our rents as some guest choose not to use them which is why they are an optional extra.
23. All marketing information is published in good faith based on our observations and the Holiday Home Owners annual declarations. We reserve the right to change the content at any time as appropriate, however every effort will be made to ensure that customers understand correctly the information given. It is up to the potential customer to read and understand the information published. Further to this we recommend all potential bookers contact us first if exact clarification of household interior and / or content is critical, as owners frequently upgrade / replace furnishings due to wear and tear, also one owners taste of decoration / furnishing can be completely different to one other, which does not in any way make it substandard. Further to this we recommend all bookers and potential bookers check (refresh) the relevant web page for regular updates, because holiday home owners do ask us to make regular upgrades and changes to their listings. The Proprietors and self-catering-scotland.com have no control over other businesses in the area featured and will not be responsible for any facilities which are unavailable.
24. Neither the Proprietors / Owners or self-catering-scotland.com will not be liable for loss or damage to any property, caravan, car etc. while parked at the property, however such loss or damage may occur.
25. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Under all circumstances the Proprietor and self-catering-scotland.com liability will be limited to the sum received from the hirer.
26. self-catering-scotland.com is a trading name of “Self Catering Scotland Sub Letting” a partnership run by Tim Pickles and Adele McGuinness. It acts as the booking agents for the owners and is not the owners or principals of any holiday homes featured on this website. When your booking is confirmed you will be provided a direct number for the individual holiday home owner whom your contract is with. The office address for all booking and mailing correspondence is Self Catering Scotland Sub Letting, 38 Coppice Lane, Hellifield, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 4JW.
27. Payment of your fees constitutes accepting all these conditions.