Hebrides Beach Retreat
Isle of Lewis
This stunning remote retreat Lodge is virtually on the Beach enjoying an elevated position above Uig Sands on the Hebrides Isle of Lewis. Lewis Lodge is a large, extremely well-presented holiday home. Easily sleeping 10 people, with its Hot Tub and Sauna the property is perfect for large family gatherings and Spa breaks.
The spectacular open-plan living space really does have to be seen to be believed with feature wood panelling helping to create the feeling of being at one with nature and the signature floor-to-ceiling windows bringing the outdoors in to make the most of the magnificent panoramic views. The warm and welcoming sitting area has an attractive woodburning stove as its focal point and is the perfect spot for curling up, getting snugly and enjoying spending quality time together.
Adjoining the sitting area is an elegant dining area with an expansive dining table with stunning views forming a dramatic backdrop. Offering a great alternative space away from the hustle and bustle of the central living space is a separate sitting room which is stylishly fitted out and has some of the best views of Uig Sands you’ll find anywhere.
Step into the stylish kitchen where you will find what you would call a ‘cook’s kitchen’ which put simply means that it has everything you could possibly need to whip up delicious food for your party; or if the weather allows then fire up the barbecue and enjoy some family time alfresco.
You will really want to make the most of being outdoors at Eagle Lodge with the fantastic decking area overlooking Uig Sands and there is even a hot tub from where you can literally soak up those all-important views!
When bedtime calls, make your way to one of the five opulent bedrooms where you can choose from one of two super-king-size bedroom, one with patio doors opening directly onto the decking area; the children’s bunk bedroom or head upstairs to the family suite where there is a master super-king-size bedroom and an additional twin bedroom. To top it all off there is a simply fantastic family bathroom complete with a Jacuzzi spa bath, a walk-in shower for two and a sauna which seats up to six people; you can have your very own spa weekend from the comfort of your home! Hard as will be to leave Eagle Lodge there is so much to see and do in the area it would be a shame not to get exploring.
Right on the doorstep are the mesmerising Uig Sands and there is a community shop, museum, seafood shack and restaurant all within walking distance. Hop in the car for a scenic drive over to Stornoway where you can catch boats to Ullapool and Skye and really get to know the Hebrides. If you want to get active then have a go at hill walking, rock climbing, kayaking and surfing or for some fun-filled days out from the lodge, Tarbert and Leverburgh aren’t more than a few hours in the car.
Offering a holiday to remember for a lifetime, a stay at Eagle Lodge awaits. The islands can be reached by flights from Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness; or by ferry from Uig on Skye to Tarbert, or Ullapool to Stornoway. EPC Rating: Band D
At a Glance
- Five bedrooms: 1 x children’s bunk, 2 x super-king-size (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite wet rooms with walk-in showers, basins, heated towel rails and WCs, 1 x upper-floor super-king-size (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x upper-floor twin
- Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, walk-in steam shower, sauna, basin and WC
- Breakfast kitchen
- Open-plan living space with dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove
- Sitting room
- Cloakroom with basin and WC
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Aga with electric grill and oven, gas hob, microwave, two fridges, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, bread maker, food processor, coffee machine, hairdryers
- TV with Sky, DVD player, Sony music system, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack of logs inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair, travel cot and two toddler beds
- Ample off-road parking
- Gardens with gravelled area, gardens, decking, furniture, barbecue and hot tub
- Sorry, this is a non-smoking and non-pet property
- Shop 0.7 miles, pub 33.7 miles
- Note: Though electricity is included in the rent, electric for charging cars is not included in the rental
- Note: The beds in bedrooms 2, 3, and 4 are king-size zip-links as standard
- if you require them to be a twin, please contact us to advise
Sleeps 10 sorry no Pets
Search availability more Scottish Cabins and Lodges
Just enter your dates and press ‘Search’
Exploring Harris and Lewis Video