Isle of Skye Holidays
Sconser near Portree
Isle of Skye
Located close to the water with beautiful Mountain views and ample garden space this is the perfect Location for walkers and munro baggers as well as those simply wanting a relaxing cottage holiday on the Isle of Skye. This spacious bright cottage has lovely views and stands in a pretty private garden area with its own stream flowing through.
This cottage is ideal for a family or group of friends who will appreciate the space and comfort in this cottage.There are four bedrooms offering great flexibility for six people and the generously proportioned sitting room is just perfect for relaxing in at the end of a busy day.A modern fitted kitchen with dining area means that preparing and enjoying meals together is easy and, on a pleasant evening, guests can enjoy a pre-dinner drink in the front garden whilst soaking up the view.Sconser is the ferry terminal that links Skye to the Island of Raasay and from this cottage guests can watch the little ferry as it journeys across the Inner Sound between the islands ferrying cars and foot passengers.
For golfers, this location is ideal as Skye’s only golf course is located a short walk away and the pretty 9-hole course borders the coast and offers fabulous views. Of course, taking the ferry on the 20 minute crossing to Raasay is a lovely trip and as the ferry is on your doorstep it has to be experienced!The island itself is rich in places of interest, and the world-famous Dunvegan Castle with its stunning gardens makes a great day out. Why not venture down into south Skye, known as the Garden of Skye due to its fertile land and abundance of flowers, and here you can visit the ruins of Armadale Castle and enjoy the lovely tea rooms whilst there?
Skye has a rugged coastline and there is wildlife to be seen around every corner, be it eagles in the air or dolphins and otters in the sea.The magical beauty of the island is undeniable and your lovely centrally placed cottage will be a most welcome home-from-home.
- Four bedrooms: 2 x ground floor double, 1 x double, 1 x single
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area
- Sitting room with electric fire
- Electric night storage and panel heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden with furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 12 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles
- Coast 5 mins walk
- Note: There is an unfenced steam running through the garden, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Check-in 4pm.
Sleeps 6 sorry no Pets
Exploring the Isle of Skye Video