Mountain View Cottage Isle of Skye
Torrin near Broadford,
Isle of Skye
Resting on the delightful Isle of Skye is this traditional Scottish Island croft Cottage with Stunning Mountain Views, ideal for a serene getaway for a small family.
Hawthorn Dene, surrounded by stunning countryside views in an enclosed garden; this white detached house boasts a homey country feel.The front entrance welcomes you with a handy vestibule, great for hanging up any rain-soaked coats or mucky boots.Warm up in the cosy sitting room, complimented with a delightful woodburning stove; rest your legs on one of the sofas as you chill out with an evening film to end your day.Rustle up a hearty meal in the spacious kitchen, fitted with all the necessities you need for a self-catered stay in this remote location, including an oven, hob and washing machine.You can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the family dining room completed with a feature stone fireplace, relishing in some much needed catch-up time with your kids and partner away from any distractions.When you’re ready for bed, take yourself up the narrow staircase into one of the charming bedrooms, enclosed with snug sloped ceilings, countryside views and ample storage.Unwind in a soothing bath, relaxing your muscles after a long day of walking, or choose to wake up with a refreshing morning shower in the family bathroom.
The enclosed garden space is a lovely spot to breathe in the fresh air, and take a minute for yourself surrounded by the still ether of nature.Torrin is a very tranquil fishing and crofting village within the Isle of Skye, compromised of one farm shop, a cafe and a perfect spot for a peaceful walk away from the busy hustle and bustle of daily life.Close by is the village of Broadford, a great tourist spot where you can access a large supermarket, post office, public transport, pubs, restaurants, and cafes, many of these source fresh local seafood.
Thrill-seeking visitors can take kayaking lessons, hire bicycles, or experience a sea plane trip, whilst Broadford Pier takes you over to Kyle and Kyleakin via boat.The Isle of Skye is home to amazingly beautiful opportunities that you cannot miss, Swim in the Fairy Pools at Glenn Brittle, take a boat trip over to Loch Coruisk, try axe throwing at Ace Skye, or discover Armadale Castle & Gardens.If you’re looking for a peaceful getaway just a stones throw away from adventure, Hawthorn Dene is the perfect spot.
At a Glance
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Dining room
- Sitting room with woodburning stove
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, washing machine, fridge/freezer, TV and WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed garden
- Two well-behaved pets allowed
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop within 0.5 miles, pub within 5.6 miles
- Note: The property is not suitable for children under five
- Note: There’s a narrow staircase within the property
Sleeps 4, Pets Welcome
Manual Availability Enquiry for this Listing and all other self-catering-scotland.com Listings
To help us help you find exactly what you are seeking, please advise the following –
1. How many people are in your intended group ?
2. Which area of Scotland do you seek your Holiday ?
3. Do you need Pet Friendly Accommodation ?
4. Does your Accommodation specifically need a Sauna – Hot Tub – WiFi – Log Fire ?
5. The approximate or exact dates do you prefer ? – weekends – Midweeks – Weeks ?
Then press Submit and we will e-mail you a list of all available Holidays in Scotland. Including hire rates, direct website links and booking information.