Waterside Holiday Cottage Isle of Skye
Isle of Skye
Sitting on the rocks in an isolated position on the majestic Isle of Skye, is this charming waterside holiday cottage, House on the Slip. Enjoying uninterrupted views across the Kylerhea.
This cottage is perfect for a family seeking to enjoy all of the delights of the island with its abundant wildlife and a range of attractions and activities to suit a group of all ages and tastes with a tranquil retreat to return to each evening.
Kick off your muddy walking boots within the spacious hallway before relaxing into your evening within the seamless blend of character features and contemporary furnishings. Step into the smaller sitting room, where a woodburning stove fills the room with a gentle warmth, making the perfect place to tune into the TV or unwind with a good book. Alternatively, choose to spend your evening within the additional sitting room, where the large patio doors filter in natural light and offers breath-taking views of the ever-changing weather and wildlife.
The kitchen is well-equipped with everything you could possibly need to cater for yourselves during a week-long break before settling down at the dining table to plan the days ahead over a home-cooked evening meal.As the evening draws to a close, follow the spiral staircase up to the double bedroom, where you will be delighted by overlooking views of the Kylerhea narrows to wake up to each morning. Completing the interior are two well-presented twin bedrooms, each boasting ample storage and space and are serviced by a ground-floor shower room. To the outside of the property is a small sitting area, where you and your loved ones can enjoy a spot of alfresco dining whilst soaking up the sunshine and the surroundings views further.If you don’t feel like cooking one evening venture to Broadford, where you will find a selection of shops, hotels and colourful craft stalls to suit all ages and tastes.
Kylerhea, a designated Dark Sky Site, is surround by a large SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest) because of its abundant wildlife, there are daily sightings from the house of seals, and otters, and occasional sightings of dolphins and minkie whales. The resident sea eagles Victor and Orla and pine martins come to the patio doors every evening. There are a multitude of birds including golden eagles on the ridges above the houses, Roe deer live in the trees near to the cottage while red deer are higher up the hill.
House On The Slip is a delightful base for exploring the tranquil setting of the Isle of Skye.
At a Glance
- Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin
- Ground-floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Sitting room with woodburning stove
- Additional sitting room.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric cooker, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, TV and WiFi
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Off-road parking for two cars
- Garden area with table and chairs
- Sorry, no pets or smoking
- Pub within 9.7 miles, shop within 10.6 miles
Sleeps 6, Sorry no Pets
Manual Availability Enquiry for this Listing and all other self-catering-scotland.com Listings
To help us help you find exactly what you are seeking, please advise the following –
1. How many people are in your intended group ?
2. Which area of Scotland do you seek your Holiday ?
3. Do you need Pet Friendly Accommodation ?
4. Does your Accommodation specifically need a Sauna – Hot Tub – WiFi – Log Fire ?
5. The approximate or exact dates do you prefer ? – weekends – Midweeks – Weeks ?
Then press Submit and we will e-mail you a list of all available Holidays in Scotland. Including hire rates, direct website links and booking information.